Sunday, December 11, 2011

Shopping for Toys on the Internet

If we're going to start playing, we'll need some toys. Luckily, we're smack in the middle of the prime shopping season so there's lots to choose from. I did a little Internet browsing and found some unique items. Here are my top ten:

10. Skatecycle - I am certain I would injure myself just standing on this contraption, but I wouldn't mind watching someone with a touch of coordination try spinning around on this. I'd advise wearing a helmet and I'm assuming the "no driving while talking on a cell phone law" would apply.




9. L.L. Bean Snowman Kit - No more searching for carrots in the vegetable bin with this handy kit around. Does not include snow. 



8. Photo*opoly - Interesting, but looks like a lot of work finding and pasting photos to play a really long game. I think I prefer the version that Parker Brothers makes for you. 




7.  Lady Gaga Paper Doll Book - No. She doesn't sing and dance when you pull the tabs.





6. R2 Fish Training School Kit - I had to include a video for this one. Just click the arrow. I might just buy a goldfish to see if this works.



 

5. Apples to Apples Board Game - There is always a non-electronic game under my tree on Christmas Day. My family plays it some time before dinner. My sons, at ages 21 and 23, tell me that they still enjoy this tradition. Of course, they could just be humoring me so I keep them on my Verizon plan and stay off their Facebook page. 


   


4. Air Swimmers R/C Inflatable Shark - Did anyone say air shark? For $30.00, I might buy the fierce predator. It could create quite a kick back moment as we watch it fly through my living room. With a 40 foot remote range, this toy could also come in handy if an intruder ever pays a visit.



Now, for my three all time favorite toys. I seriously would love to open a package and see these:


3. Silly Putty - I love flattening this sticky substance over newspaper comics and seeing the images that are copied onto it.





2. Crayola Crayons - When my sons were young they would be on to a new activity long before I was done coloring my pictures. Love choosing the various shades for my own unique design.




1. My favorite all time toy has to be bubbles. I really miss blowing these clear orbs into the sky and hated to give them up when my kids lost interest. Maybe I could start making bubbles again without looking too silly. You'll see why in my next blog post.   
                                                                                          

Please share any unique toys that you come across while shopping this year. Always fun to see what's out there. I'd also love to learn about your favorite toy.


A Little Something Extra:

"Play energizes us and enlivens us. It eases our burdens. It renews our natural sense of optimism and opens us up to new possibilities."

Stuart Brown, MD
Contemporary American psychiatrist


No comments:

Post a Comment