Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Novel =

A Novel = 

Imagine it. 

Write it. 

Name it...
A Stop in the Park. 

Publish it. 

Sell it...
Kirkus Reviews says, "Clear, thoughtful & passionate prose." 

Buy it...

Thank you! 

It's 1:06 a.m. and I'm ranked 435,371 on Amazon. Time to wake up and climb up those charts.

Over three years ago, I started writing my novel, A Stop in the Park, and today I'm releasing it for all to read. What a grand moment! Thank you so much for being part of my beginning.

From September 20 - September 21, I've priced the paper copy of the book as low as Amazon will let me go, which is $13.28. The digital copy (available on Kindle) is priced at $2.99.

Remember, ten percent of all profits will go to The Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation. I'll keep you posted each month on how much has been donated.

If you'd like to read complete editorial reviews of A Stop in the Park, please go to http://www.peggystrack.com


The Back Cover of A Stop in the Park Says:

Michael Stolis, a DC attorney, is frustrated by twelve-hour work days, tightly scheduled weekends, and his family's chaotic habits. He explodes over minor irritations like being stuck in traffic, and his tantrums need to stop. His disillusioned wife, Jamie, is sick of his anger outbursts, and wants him out of her life. Michael longs to reignite the passionate love they once felt for each other. Jamie prefers to spend her time fostering illicit Internet relationships. Michael had simply followed his Greek father's instructions for a successful life, but something went terribly wrong. A lucrative career, a Georgetown brownstone and a BMW coupe didn't deliver happiness as promised.  
When his family is about to implode, Michael finds hope through Rufus, an astute retired bus driver he meets over a game of blitz chess in Dupont Circle. Michael is intrigued by Rufus's prescription for  fulfillment, but is it too late to change a life, chase a dream, revive a marriage? Michael must decide how much he is prepared to lose if he embarks on a quest so very different from the world he created. Touching, romantic, and deeply provocative, A Stop in the Park, follows the story of a man and a woman who yearn to escape the trap of the modern American dream.   

"A poignant and beautifully written novel. This story will continue on in readers' hearts and minds long after they've read the book." —Readers Favorite














9 comments:

  1. What an exciting day for you! This spirit of this post brought a big smile to my face. And your previous post brought nothing but admiration for the way you approached publishing your book. Wishing you much success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy,

    This is exciting. There is nothing like seeing that first book in print. It seems like a long time coming and a lot of hard work, but worth every hour put in. I will never forget the thrill of holding my first book in my hand. It's been just as exciting to publish all of them though.

    My best wishes go out to you. I hope you have tons of sales. Now the hard work of promotion begins.

    Sunni

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS on the completion of your book and today's release. How exciting! I'm looking forward to reading A STOP IN THE PARK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made pre-reservations for the book on Amazon. - But first of all: Congratulations! I'm happy for your and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an exciting success!!
    Looking forward to reading your book and I'll review!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS on the completion of your novel and your terrific reviews! I've bought a copy and I can hardly wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pulling for you, Peggy! Been tweeting and retweeting and sharing and re-sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is blessing you, Peggy! What a wonderful day! And I was so excited to read about how the numbers on Amazon went from the hundreds of thousands down to the three hundreds!!! You just go, girl!! Wheee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS! How does one get an autographed copy and will it count on Amazon? If not, I will order it and maybe I can get you to send me a little note that I can place in the book. What do you think? Send me a message:>)

    ReplyDelete